Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wheel of Time Fantasy Cast

The Boys

Rand al'Thor
Garrett Hedlund

This was a tough call. I needed to find someone who would look good with red hair, tall, could pull off both farmer and blademaster, and handsome. I was thinking about this when I watched Tron and Garrett Hedlund really impressed me. I have no doubt that he would do a great job with the role of Rand al'Thor. You may also recognize him from Country Strong, Eragon, and Troy.




 

Matrim Cauthon
Andrew Garfield

I recently changed my choice of Mat after seeing the new Spiderman movie.  Andrew Garfield has the perfect personality and facial expressions to play the Prince of Ravens.  You may recognize him from The Amazing Spiderman or The Social Network.










Perrin
Adrian Grenier

After seeing this picture I did not consider anybody else for Perrin. He has the perfect curly hair, good guy feel, and he is handsome. Those eyes would look great as golden wolf eyes and I could see him as a blacksmith. He also would look good with the character I chose for Faile. You may know him from Entourage, The Devil Wears Prada, and Drive Me Crazy.




 


Lan
Liam Neeson

I am pretty surprised that I have not seen this suggestion on any of the other fantasy cast lists. He is tall, strong, and epic. Lan is also all of those things. He looks like the character I chose as Isam as they are both from Malkier and he would play well with the characters I chose for Nynaeve and Moiraine. He can be strong and stiff and silent but we have seen that Liam can have a soft side as well. You may know him from Unknown, Taken, Star Wars, The A-Team, Clash of the Titans, Batman Begins, and Love Actually.

Thom
James Cromwell

I considered many people for this role. At first I liked Ian McKellen for the role but then I realized that he would make a perfect Pedron Niall. A friend of mine suggested James Cromwell and I was sold immediately. He would play the secretive Gleeman well. You may know him from Pope Pius XII, Secretariat, Surrogates, W., 24, Spider-Man 3, Dante's Inferno, The Queen, The Longest Yard, I, Robot, and more.



 


Gawyn Trakand
Alex Pettyfer

Gawyn needed to be handsome, blonde, and strong. He has great chemistry with Dianna Agron who I have cast as his sister. I think he would also do well with the character I chose for Egwene. Gawyn is probably my favorite male character in the book and I definitely took a long time on this choice because I wanted to be sure that it was right. Alex could play frustrated Gawyn, loving Gawyn, and everything in between. I love Alex Pettyfer for this role. You may know him from Beastly, I Am Number Four, and Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker.

Loail
James Earl Jones

They would only need his voice for this role and James Earl Jones has a fantastic voice. It is deep and rumbling, exactly how Loail is described. You may know him from from narrating in Click, Scary Movie 4, Star Wars (voice of Vader) as well as playing in The Sandlot and other movies.

4 comments:

  1. dude, you are a genius! I think you've done the best job out of anyone I've seen as far as casting. The only one I really wish was different is Mat. I imagined him to have handsome features with a boyish look to him and a killer smile (I recall him attempting to use his smile on some stuffy ladies to try to get his way and being stunned that it didn't work). Chace Crawford looks exactly like I imagined Mat to look, except his eye color is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered Chace Crawford for Mat but for some reason I didn't choose him. I like my choice but I realize that there are lots of good choices out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that this is the best casting that I have seen yet! You have brilliant ideas, and Sandra Bullock for Moiraine is inspired! I was, however, thinking that Joseph Gordon Levitt is Mat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. best cast I've seen!

    ReplyDelete