Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wheel of Time Fantasy Cast

The Aiel
Amys

Kathy Bates

Amys is an Aiel with white hair and she is very motherly. She has to be likeable since for me Amys is probably the most well-liked Aiel after Aviendha. In my opinion, Kathy Bates is perfect for the role of Amys. She is lovable and funny but she can also be serious when the situation requires it. You may know her from Titanic, Annie, Around the World in 80 Days, The Golden Compass, and The Blindside as well as dozens of others.






BairJudi Dench
Bair is a Wise One who can't channel. She is old enough to have trained Amys to be a Wise One so she is very old. I kind of got the feeling she was kind of clipped and rude whenever she speaks (especially compared to Amys) and Judi Dench has shown that she can do that with her recent roles in the James Bond movies. You may also know her from Pride and Prejudice, Chocolat, The Chronicles of Riddick, and Hamlet.

Gaul

Oliver Phelps

In the books Gaul is described as being tall and handsome with red hair (as most Aiel are described btw) and Oliver Phelps was the first person that came to mind. I think he could easily pull off an Aiel. Although I love Gaul, he doesn't really do much in the later books except pal around Perrin's camp and make Aiel jokes, especially about Bain and Chiad. Plus couldn't you just see him juggling two beautiful gai'shan? Oliver could definitely handle this. You may know him from Harry Potter.




Rhuarc

Chuck Norris

Rhuarc is a clan chief and is described as being tall with red hair and muscular. He is married to Amys. I really couldn't find anybody I liked for this role because none of them were tough enough. Then I came across Chuck Norris and thought that he would be perfect if he wasn't so famous for being himself. If you don't know him then you don't live on this planet.






Bain
Alicia Witt

Tall, beautiful, red hair. Alicia Witt was a shoe-in for either Bain or Chiad. I decided to cast her as Bain. You may know her from Mr. Holland's Opus or Two Weeks Notice. You may have also seen her on Law & Order: Criminal Intent or Friday Night Lights.









Chiad
Regiane Alves
Another beautiful Aiel babe. Regiane Alves is not very known here in the USA but she is an actress in Brazil. I don't know. She just sort of caught my eye for Chiad and I couldn't let go of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment