Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inception




Let me start off by saying that Inception is a solid 10.

About a year ago when Inception was first announced I was uber excited. Very few others shared my enthusiasm for the movie, but now I think many of those people have changed their tune. The movie's high praise is well-deserved.

The problem I typically see in movies is pacing. This movie had none of those problems. Information was revealed with perfect timing and execution and the amount of information revealed at any given moment was not overkill. In short, the movie allowed for the viewer to figure things out for themselves without getting frustrated that they can't.

Casting was great, specifically Ellen Page and Joshua Gordon-Levitt.

My one and only complaint is two-fold: the casting of Michael Caine as the grandfather and the flatness of that character. He wasn't terrible or anything. I just think that an actor of his caliber deserves more than five minutes of flat acting. He simply served as a distraction. Also, though the grandfather is hardly in the movie, his responses seemed automated, lacking depth and character, and overall did not fit with the rest of the film.

Inception is a must see. I will definitely be buying it when it is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment