Monday, February 28, 2011

The Outsiders



I don't know how I got out of Middle School or Jr. High School without reading S.E. Hinton's book The Outsiders. Everybody I have ever talked to has loved the book and I finally got my hands on a copy. This book definitely gets an A. From the very first page I felt like I was already a part of Ponyboy's life and the gang. The writing was so good at making you feel everything that was happening. I have only ever cried once while reading a book and I have read a lot of books, but this book almost made me cry a little. Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Johnny are three of the most lovable characters I have ever read. Any scene with one of these boys in it was automatically good. The emotions and story were so real and I feel like a person from any walk of life would be able to relate to this book.

The Outsiders is an excellent story of social inequality and of love, friendship, and loyalty. Everybody should read this book and have a copy of it to read again and again. It is short so even you non-readers out there should take a chance on it if you haven't read it already. The Outsiders has instantly become one of my favorite classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment