Friday, August 20, 2010

Class Party

Only Jedd, Preston, and Kaila were at the class party but I think they can attest that it was worth it. We played a lot of fun games and I have videos!

Pictionary: The first game we played was giant pictionary with sidewalk chalk in the driveway. Whoever guessed what was being drawn was given a point until we ran out of things to draw. Trevor was our wonderful artist. Jedd racked it up in this game, blowing the other two out of the water.

One-Legged Race: We duct taped the kids' feet together and their thighs and had them race across my yard and back. This was probably one of the most fun to watch because they looked ridiculous. Jedd won again, by a long ways. I have the video below.



Marble Drop: In this game the kids had to pick up marbles with their toes and drop them in a cup a little ways away. They had about two minutes to get as many as they could. Once again, Jedd destroyed the other two.



Paint the Clown: The point of this game was to make it awkward for the kids. They had to hold a tube of lipstick in their mouth and paint the face of one of the other kids. They had to paint a triangle on the forehead, a star on one cheek, a heart on the other cheek, a beard, and lipstick on the lips. They were timed on who could do this the fastest and got bonus points for how well the shapes were formed. Three different videos below. Preston won this one, but not by much.







After this game we went inside because it was starting to get too dark.

Whipped Cream Whistle: In this game a bowl with a whistle in it and whipped cream was given to all three kids. The first one to find the whistle with their mouth and blow it would win. This game was won a lot faster than I thought it would. Jedd won, video below.



Chocolate Marshmallows: Each kid was given four large marshmallows smothered in chocolate. They were given one minute (which I now realize was too long) to lick the marshmallows clean and whoever had the cleanest won. Preston beat this game.



My Quarter: This next game was one of memory. I blindfolded the kids and gave them thirty seconds to feel a quarter and try to memorize it. Then I removed the blindfold and handed them several quarters and gave them thirty seconds to try and find the one they had before. Only Kaila lost this game.

Pick Up Sticks: I duct taped the kids' hands together sticky side out. They had one minute to see how many Popsicle sticks they could get. Jedd won.







The last game we didn't film but I wish we had. I threw goldfish crackers at the three kids for one minute to see how many they could catch in their mouths. It was extremely close but Kaila beat the two boys. Jedd won the whole thing and Kaila and Preston were an exact tie.

The party was a blast and I'm glad they had fun. I know I had fun watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment