Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon

I finally broke down and went to see this movie. I had heard it was amazing from all sources so I decided to go, even though I thought it just looked alright. Well, that opinion shattered as one of the best animated movies of all time unfolded on the screen before me.

The humor is genuinely funny, was not forced, and continued throughout. You immediately fall in love with the main character and even though I typically don't like narration sequences to begin movies, it didn't matter because they did it so well that you didn't even notice. Pacing was perfect and each moment came at good times in the movie. Definitely a movie for all ages. The sole complaint I have is that I personally thought the dragons were ugly, especially Toothless. However the movie was so well-made that it didn't really matter that much. I have heard that it does not follow the book very well but I have not read it and probably wouldn't care even if I had. Great job. My first 10 of the year.

2 comments: