Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Princess and the Frog

So last night Aubrey Sorensen and I went to see The Princess and the Frog at the dollar theater. I had been told by several people that this is their favorite Disney movie or close to it so I was expecting it to be pretty good. If you wish to quit reading now I'll just give you a quick answer. It was a pretty good Disney movie.

It was funny and cheesy, true to Disney form. I felt as if it were much more romantic than any previous Disney animated film. There was way less focus on the adventure and the villain and more focus on the romance between Tiana and Naveen. This is new. In every other Disney movie I've seen with a romance, the adventure thread was the main part or at least on the same level with the romance thread. In this movie, the romance thread dominated.

I had also heard before going to see this movie that some people thought the villain was too scary. I think Ursula and Malefocent totally own this guy in scariness. Not to mention the evil king in The Black Cauldron (if that is even Disney....?).

All in all, definitely worth a see.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I think you should be a movie critic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun but then I would have to watch a lot of crappy movies.

    ReplyDelete