Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lake Powell Trip


First off let me say a big thank you to Heather Taylor, Cheryl Taylor, and Roger Taylor for inviting me on this trip, a thank you to Aubrey Sorensen for going on the trip with me, and a thank you to RJ Taylor and his friends for making the trip happen.  I have never been to Lake Powell before and it was absolutely amazing.


The first day, apart from boating of course, we got to see come pretty fantastic scenery, including Rainbow Bridge.  It was a short hike to the bridge and well worth it.  We got some great pictures and there was even a dinosaur footprint there too.



We also explored a cool cave one day with the boats and went swimming inside of it. 


The second day we drove A LOT to get across the entire lake.  We wanted to see the Anasazi ruins at a place called Defiance House.  It was very cool although a lot of it was obviously restored.


It was an amazing experience and I will definitely take any opportunity I ever have to go back and visit Lake Powell.  If you want to see more pictures of my trip check out my Facebook album.


No comments:

Post a Comment