Saturday, February 4, 2012

Underworld Awakening


Kate Beckinsale + vampires = yes. The fourth installment of the Underworld saga was violently great. I would probably give it about an 8.

This fourth movie follows up where the second one left off. The humans have finally caught on to the fact that there are lycans and vampires around them and have "purged" what they could. I thought this was a great twist because I've always wondered what would happen if humans caught on to the supernatural things going on around them in a lot of movies. The lycans and vampires were treated like a zombie outbreak or something and I thought it was fantastic.

For those of you who don't like violence stay away. It is by far the most bloody and violent movie out of the 4. There is one part where Selene breaks a guy's arm and the bone comes out of his arm. It says the F word twice but there is no nudity in this one (I think there was in the 2nd one).

Overall it was my favorite Underworld movie. It moved a lot faster than any of the other three and it wasn't boring like the 2nd movie. It was left pretty open so it is possible that another Underworld might be on the way in the next few years. Hey, I'll take Kate Beckinsale over Kristen Stewart as a hot vampire any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment