Thursday, June 17, 2010

Book Reviews

I have decided that I will review every book I read from now on just in case someone cares. And it will be nice to have my initial thoughts down on paper if I want to look back on them sometime. Here is the grading scale I have invented for these reviews:

E: If I attach an E to any grade it means that the book was read for entertainment value mostly. This means that all recommendations might change a little from the scale because of one thing or another.

A: Stellar book, definitely a read again, definitely a must buy. A book of this caliber should be owned in both hardback and paperback.

A-: Great read, should read again, should buy. Just short of an A because of minor plot/character/pacing or various other flaws.

B+: Good read, should read again, probably a buy. This is not in the A bracket because of at least one more than minor mistake.

B: Good read, should read again, buying is up to debate. Better than average writing and story but with many mistakes or flaws.

B-: Decent read, maybe read again, probably not buy. Not a waste of time, but lacking soul.

C+: Decent read, probably not read again, not buy. Not a waste of time necessarily but the book was not of interest and/or was not well-written.

C: Poor read, probably not read again, not buy. Waste of time. It may not have been terrible but there were definitely better things to do with my time.

C-: Poor read, not read again, not buy. I would be surprised if I made it all of the way through the book because it was so terribly written.

F: Terrible read, do not read again, do not buy. Complete waste of time. Terrible literature.

Feel free to post a review or grade if you have also read the book I am reviewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment